Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Drink coffee, lift big then take a nap




If there is one supplement that does exactly what its suppose to do it is caffeine.

I’m not writing an article saying that drinking one cup of coffee before a work out is going to make you strong like Bill Kazimaier and ripped like Arnold Schwarzenegger but caffeine does have it’s advantages.

Personally, I don’t drink much of the stuff and when I do I usually stick to the basics coffee and tea (usually green tea).

Personally, I don’t like all the sugar that comes with drinking pop and energy drinks.

That being said caffeine is a wonderful supplement and something I recommend using on occasion.

Typically, when I use caffeine I use it when I am feeling tired, a little worn out and not very motivated to walk the two-feet from my house to the garage to work out.

First thing is first usually when I feel crummy like this it is from a lack of energy which boils down to two possible problems. Those problems typically are poor nutrition or a lack of sleep.

Like I said earlier in this article I don’t really care to drink caffeine but I hate even more to miss a work out. So, my solution is slug down a few cups of coffee or tea and whatever issues I am having.

Usually for me this would be going to bed earlier that night to make sure I am feeling ready to train tomorrow.

If your lack of energy continues after correcting your diet and sleeping more you may be getting dangerously close to over training.

If that’s the case it is time to consider a few days off from exercise completely to let your body recuperate.

As much as I hate taking extra days off I know that being over trained can lead to me getting sick. Something, I like to avoid and understand will cause more missed training sessions.

Remember caffeine is not a long term solution to correcting fatigue its simply a short term.

Use the stuff sparingly and try to use it as seldom as possible.

Caffeine is a stimulant and over time you can develop a tolerance (or so I’ve been told) so eventually the effectiveness is going to wear off.

For me one cup of coffee is enough. I use to drink no-Xplode before a work out and found that my body could hardly handle one scope full of the stuff.

I would experience caffeine overdose my speech would slur, I would have an extreme head ache, feel sick to my stomach and have the jitters.

Eventually, I got to the point where I could drink three scoops of the stuff but that was also when I could no longer discern whether the stuff was helping to boost my performance or not

Remember, moderation try to not be dependent. More is less with caffeine when I started using it constantly I found out that I wasn’t getting the energy or the performance enhancing qualities promised.

However, once I weened myself from using it again I found that on occasion a little bit would go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment